Fine artist at Out of The Blue, Edinburgh
Violetta Palak Jones is a fine artist based in Edinburgh, Scotland. She has been working in studio at Out of The Blue since 2016, where her artistic journey has flourished. Prior to her fine art pursuits, Violetta immersed herself in the world of film production as the Director/Producer of Flyboy Creative, a film production company in Scotland. Her short films achieved critical acclaim, earning screenings in numerous film festivals worldwide during the period from 2013 to 2016.
Seeking to hone her artistic skills and technique, Violetta completed figurative painting and drawing courses at Leith School of Art. Her dedication to the craft led her to receive invaluable mentorship in painting from the esteemed artist Trevor Jones, further enriching her artistic prowess.
Violetta's commitment to her art also led her to pursue formal education at Edinburgh Napier University's accredited Atelier of Fine Arts. During her time there, she underwent rigorous training in classical drawing and painting, adding depth and dimension to her artistic expression.
In addition to her academic pursuits, Violetta Palak Jones has also embarked on art residencies in Tequisquiapan, Mexico, and Leiden, Holland. These enriching experiences allowed her to draw inspiration from diverse cultures and environments, influencing her artistic style and themes.
As an artist seeking growth and camaraderie within the creative community, Violetta became a member of the artists initiative, ARTHOUSE. This membership provides her with opportunities to collaborate with fellow artists, share ideas, and participate in group exhibitions and events.
- Napier university accredited Atelier of Fine Arts 2019/2021
- Leith school of Art, figurative drawing and painting course 2016/2017
- QMU, Musselburgh, September 2013 – August 2014
- ENGAGE (http://www.engage.eu.com/)
Winner of “The Big Pitch 2014”
- JAGIELLONIAN UNIVERSITY, Krakow September 2000 – June 2004
- Tequisquiapan, Mexico 2022, 2023
- Leiden, Holland 2022, 2023
- ARTHOUSE (Artists Initiative)
- FOCUS Art Fair in London, Saatchi gallery - Group show 2023
- Mezcla, Arthouse, Mexico city - group show 2023
- The Crypt gallery, NYC - group show 2023
- IHAM gallery, Paris - group show 20223
- IHAM gallery, Lisbon - group show 2023
- The Crypt gallery, NYC - group show 2022
- The Crypt gallery, LA - group show 2022
- Makers place, pop up Gallery, Miami - group show 2022
- Galerie de Meerse, Netherlands - group show 2022
- Union gallery Edinburgh - group show 2017
- Edinburgh Art Fair - group show 2017
- Union gallery Edinburgh - group show 2016